I recently received an Instant Pot as a birthday gift and I am loving it! I’ve been using it on a weekly basis, testing and trying different recipes, trying to find a version that I love and know that you’ll want to make again and again.
Some of my favorite things to make in it are soups, beans, rice, and potatoes.
This instant pot vegan jambalaya quickly became a household favorite.
It’s healthy, it’s so easy to make and it’s a great base if you want to add more veggies.
For anyone who likes to meal prep at the start of the week, this should be added into your rotation.
This recipe calls for canned beans so it can be made in under 30 minutes. If you want to use dried beans, you certainly can, you’ll just want to increase the amount of time that it cooks in the instant pot to about 35 minutes on high pressure.
And, if you don’t have an instant pot, what are you waiting for? It’s the ultimate time saving appliance and it’s amazing how much flavor is created in such a short amount of time.
This is the first instant pot recipe that I’m sharing on this blog so if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.
To Your Health and Happiness,
Instant Pot Vegan Jambalaya
- 1/2 Yellow Onion Chopped
- 1/2 Bell Pepper Chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic Minced
Add to Instant Pot
- 2 1/4 Cups Short Grain Brown Rice
- 1 15 oz Can Pinto Beans
- 6 Cups Water
- 1 Tsp Liquid Smoke
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Thyme
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1/2 Tsp Cayenne
- 1/4 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Braggs Liquid Aminos
Add after cooking and after pressure has released from Instant Pot
- 2 Tomatoes Chopped
- 3 Cups Baby Spinach
- 1/4 Cup Nutritional Yeast
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Hot Sauce to Taste
- Use saute feature on instant pot and saute onion, bell pepper and garlic until onion is translucent.
- Add the remaining ingredients in the "Add to Instant Pot" section.
- Turn off the sautee setting on your Instant Pot. Put lid on pot and make sure to close the steam valve. Set to high pressure and cook for 12 minutes.
- Once pot beeps and is done cooking, quickly release the pressure.
- Add in the tomatoes, spinach, and nutritional yeast. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve and top with hot sauce if desired.