Plant Based Meal Prep Breakfast Tacos
Grab and go breakfasts can be a game changer. If you are looking for something new to add into your breakfast rotation, give these plant based breakfast tacos a try!Simply cook up the veggies and beans and you can assemble in sets of two throughout the week. Heat up the veggies and beans and wrap in tinfoil to bring to work or heat them up and eat them before leaving the house. Either way, it's all fast, it's all easy and it's all healthy.There's a surprising amount of veggies packed into these tacos. Add that to the beans and you've got a good dose of veggies and protein in the morning. These plant based tacos can be used for a grab and go vegan lunch or an easy dinner too. Feel free to swap out the veggies or add in other veggies such as mushrooms and zucchini. I like pinto beans but you could use black beans instead or in addition. So many possibilities with these tacos.Enjoy!
- 1 large Bell Pepper diced any color
- 1 small Red Onion diced
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin
- 1/2 tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 cans Pinto Beans
- 4 cups Kale chopped spinach, collard greens or swiss chard
- 1 Juice of 1 lime
- 3/4 cup Veggie Broth
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 Avocado sliced optional
- Cilantro optional
- 8 Corn Tortillas
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add peppers and onions to skillet. Stir occasionally, until browned.
- Add beans, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and veggie broth. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 5 minutes, mashing some of the beans on the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon or a spatula.
- When there is just a little bit of liquid left, turn heat to medium low and add the greens. Cook until greens are wilted and then add the lime juice.
- Heat tortillas, spoon filling into tortilla and serve. Add avocado, cilantro, salsa or any other topping of your choice.
- Note: I like to heat the tortillas over an open flame. If you have a gas grill, turn on burn to low and place tortilla on the burner over the flame. Once soft and a little charred, flip the tortilla to heat the other side. You can also cook in microwave according to instructions on packet.