Vegan Smashed Pea and Avocado Toast
First, there was Avocado Toast. And then…there was Smashed Pea and Avocado Toast!
I’m a huge avocado toast fan, not gonna lie. It’s fast, satisfying and you can jazz it up in so many different ways.
My recent new favorite version of avocado toast is adding smashed peas to the mix.
Total game changer!
The mix/spread for the toast is so good that sometimes I make extra just so I can add to it a salad and have a nice meal of toast and salad. Either way you have it, I’m sure that you will enjoy it and that this will become a recipe that you come back to over and over again.
As with many of my recipes, this is really fast and simple to make. And, it requires minimal ingredients.
The recipe below is pretty basic. You can make it fancier by adding sliced tomato, sprouts, microgreens, cucumbers, or whatever your heart desires on the top of the toast.
This is a great snack or lunch. And seriously, it takes 10 minutes, MAX.
Make sure that you use a good sprouted bread to put the mix on. I like to use the brand Ezekiel. Their sesame and flax are my favorite to get and they both go great with this mix.
- 1 Avocado Cubed
- 1/2 cup Frozen Peas, defrosted
- 1/2 Juice of 1/2 a Lemon
- 1 sprig Green Onion finely sliced
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Pour frozen peas into hot water to defrost. Drain off any water.
- Add lemon juice, garlic and salt to the peas and smash with a fork until most are crushed fairly well.
- Add cubed avocado and smash together until blended but with some chunks remaining.
- Add in the green onion and stir to mix it in.
- Serve on toasted bread or try adding it to a salad. Either way, I'm sure this is a recipe that you will enjoy and come back to over and over again.