This is a simple, oil free, healthy festive salad. It’s fast, it’s easy, and…it’s delicious. This pairs well with a simple tahini dressing.
Brussel Sprout and Butternut Squash Salad
- 2 Cups Butternut Squash cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 Cups Brussel Sprouts thinly sliced
- 4-5 Cups Kale chopped into bite size pieces
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Seeds from 1/2 of a Pomegranate
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Begin by adding vegetable broth to deep skillet and heat over medium high heat. Add Butternut Squash and cook for 3-5 minutes. Next, add cinnamon and maple syrup and stir to coat.
- Cook until squash begins to get soft, about 3-5 more minutes, adding more broth as needed to keep squash soft and from sticking to pan. Add brussel sprouts to the mix and stir occasionally, cooking until soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add kale to the squash and sprout mix and stir, cooking until kale begins to wilt. Add salt and pepper to taste if you desire.
- Remove from heat and transfer mixture to a serving bowl, making sure to strain out any remaining broth. Stir in pomegranate seeds.
- This pairs well with a simple tahini dressing drizzled on top.