Nurse Kristin’s Tofu Scramble Recipe with Roasted Potatoes Watch Recipe Video Here: This vegan tofu scramble recipe simple and will quickly become your favorite tofu scramble recipe. This is an oil free tofu scramble packed full of flavor and nutrients.I love this oil free tofu …
Month: April 2017
These are currently my favorite pancakes. This recipe is inspired from Coconut and Quinoa pancakes I had while at a treat at Harmony Hill Retreat Center in Union WA. Not only do they contain 2 of my favorite ingredients, coconut and quinoa, but these pancakes are also gluten-free, dairy-free and oil-free.
These pancakes are delicious when topped with fresh berries or sliced bananas, nectarines or peaches. I like to use whatever is in season.
This recipe is going to become one of your favorite go-to’s. You will need to soak the quinoa overnight but come morning, you will realize that these are the easiest pancakes to make. These pancakes have great texture and packed full of flavor. Enjoy.
This recipe makes 8 small pancakes:
Vegan Coconut & Quinoa Pancakes
- 1/2 cup Quinoa Wash and soak overnight in 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup Regular rolled oats
- 3/4 cup dried, unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 banana
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- zest of 1 large lemon
- Wash and soak quinoa overnight for 12-24 hours.
- In the morning, drain and rinse quinoa, and add it to your blender. Add oats, 1/2 cup coconut, milk, banana, vanilla, baking powder, and cinnamon. Blend on high for about 40 seconds, until completely smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Add remaining coconut and lemon zest and stir to combine.
- Pre-heat your griddle or frying pan. Be sure to test the temperature this way: Get your fingers wet with water and flick the water onto the griddle. Get your fingers wet with water and flick the water on to the griddle. The water should dance and sizzle gently. If the water evaporates immediately, the griddle is too hot. If the water sits there steaming, the griddle is too cold.
- Pour a little batter onto the griddle for each pancake. Cook until the surface is covered with little bubbles and bottom is golden and beginning to brown (2-3 minutes), and then flip.
- Serve with berries, fruit, or maple syrup. Enjoy!
Click the play button below to listen to Nurse Kristin’s interview with Ryan Luelf:
From Stage 4 to No More…
Listen to this incredible interview with Ryan Luelf. Hear Ryan share what it was like being diagnosed with Stage IV Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma, having tumors all over his body, and being told by his doctors that he could either choose their traditional treatment to possibly extend his life, or do nothing and die.
Ryan rejected his doctors advice, chose his OWN PATH to health, and is now living cancer free.
“Love the life you live or choose a different life” – Ryan Luelf
To connect with Ryan, go to his Facebook Page at the link below and click follow, as his page is maxed out on friends: www.facebook.com/doyouownyourlife
Check out his blog here: http://theyololifeblog.wordpress.com
Subscribe to Stories of Self-Healing!
Click here to subscribe on iTunes: http://nursekristin.org/itunes
Click here to subscribe on Stitcher: http://nursekristin.org/stitcher
One day, Emily had trouble getting out of bed…
Then, her feet felt heavy when she was walking. Pain crept up her body…
From her feet, to her knees, to her hips, and then her shoulders…
She had bones that started protruding out and had tingling sensations…
It all happened very quickly…