This breakfast tofu has quickly become a staple in my meal prep routine. This tofu goes great in sandwiches with tomato and avocado, wraps, burritos and cut up and put into salads. Because this tofu is cut into slices, it's a great grab and go option. Make a big batch over the weekend and you can grab a delicious breakfast burrito when you are popping out the door on your way to work or grab a sandwich to bring on a hike. If a mobile breakfast is what you are looking, I think you've just found your go to recipe.
- 16 oz Package of Extra Firm Tofu drained
- 1 tbsp Reduced Sodium Tamari
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Curry powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silicone liner of parchment paper.
- Slice the tofu into six pieces. Pat dry and drizzle with tamari.
- In a large food storage container with a tight fitting lid, combine the nutritional yeast, cumin, garlic powder, turmeric, curry powder and black pepper. Place the sliced tofu in the container and gently shake until all the slices are covered. Let the tofu sit while the oven preheats. You can also marinate the tofu in the refrigerator for up to a day.
- Place the tofu on the bake sheet. Sprinkle any extra seasoning on top of the slices. Bake for 30 minutes.
- This tofu has the best texture if you flip it halfway through, at 15 minutes. But, if you forget, it will still be amazing.
- Remove from oven and enjoy hot or put in food storage containers to eat throughout the week. Tofu will stay good in the fridge for up to 5 days.