Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
This is a creamy vegan cauliflower Alfredo sauce. The sauce is a little thick (that's how I like it) and it can be thinned by adding more milk until you achieve your desired consistency. This sauce is a great base recipe. Feel free to top it with steamed broccoli, sauteed mushrooms, roasted garlic or any veggie you choose.
- 1 Large Head Cauliflower chopped About 3 cups
- 1/4-1/2 Cup Unsweetened Almond or Soy Milk
- 1/2 Yellow Onion chopped
- 3-4 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1/3 Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Tsp Braggs Liquid Aminos
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Juice of Half a Lemon
- Add cauliflower to a large pot and add water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook until the cauliflower is fork tender, about 10 minutes.
- Once tender, drain water and set aside.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, put chopped onion and garlic to a large saucepan and saute over medium heat until softened and fragrant. Add 1-2 tablespoons of water as needed to keep onions from sticking to the pan.
- Add cooked cauliflower, onion and garlic, milk, nutritional yeast, Braggs Liquid Aminos, lemon juice, and nutmeg to a high powered blender and blend until smooth. Add more non-dairy milk if needed to achieve desired consistency.