Not only is this vegan paleo recipe hearty and satisfying, but it is also detoxifying.
Here is how these ingredients help to detoxify your body:
- Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable that naturally boosts your livers detoxifying enzymes
- Parsley has a natural diuretic effect that helps to protect your liver from damage, your bodies main detox organ
- Lemon juice helps your body flush out toxins and it also stimulates the liver
Cauliflower is also a great source of vitamin C, it’s packed with fiber, has Omega 3 fatty acids and it’s a good source of protein.
Vegan. Paleo. Detoxifying. Delicious.
Vegan Cauliflower Polenta with Mushrooms
- 1 Head Cauliflower chopped
- 1/2 Yellow Onion chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic in skin
- 3 Cups Chopped Mushrooms
- 1/2 Cup Veggie Broth
- 3 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 2 Tbsp Parsley for garnish at the end
- Preheat oven to 350. While oven is preheating, chop cauliflower and place on parchment lined baking sheet. Put cauliflower in oven for 30 minutes.
- While cauliflower is baking, chopped onion and wrap garlic cloves in tin foil. After cauliflower has been in oven for 30 minutes, add the chopped onions and foil wrapped garlic to the baking sheet and bake for another 20 minutes.
- While cauliflower continues to roast, start preparing your mushrooms.
- Add 1-2 tbsp veggie broth or water to a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and stir occasionally until mushrooms are dark brown. Add small amounts of water veggie broth as needed to prevent mushrooms from sticking to the pan.
- Once cauliflower is done, put cauliflower, onions, and garlic (remove from foil and remove skins) into high powered blender. Add veggie broth or water and nutritional yeast and blend until creamy.
- Divide cauliflower polenta between 2 plates and top with mushrooms and parsley.Enjoy!