I’m going to be honest here. I’ve never been someone who uses mint very often in cooking.
It’s not that I don’t like mint, I just haven’t made many dishes that call for it.
Last week, I was following a meal plan that sounded interesting and one of the recipes called for mint. So, I went to the grocery store, bought a whole big bundle of mint, and used very little of it.
So here I am with all this left over mint, trying to figure out what to make with it. There were a variety of different salad recipes that popped into my head, but one recipe that I really wanted to try was a creamy mint avocado pasta sauce.
I had an avocado that needed to get used, I was leaving the house in about 45 minutes and needed to eat some dinner before I left.
Now when I tell you that this creamy avocado mint sauce is amazing, I mean it.
The avocado makes this dish creamy. You can make this dish as minty as you want to, depending on how much mint you add to it.
It’s really quick to put together, it takes minimal ingredients, and it has an incredible taste.
When I got done eating this pasta dish, Adam immediately told me that this is a recipe that needs to be on this blog.
So, here it is. Creamy Avocado Mint Pasta Sauce.
Creamy Avocado Mint Pasta Sauce
- 1 Avocado
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Mint Leaves
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- Juice 1 Lemon
- 4 Tbsp Water
- 8 oz Pasta
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas
- Hot Sauce, to taste
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Vegan Parmesan. Optional
- Cook pasta according to instructions on package.
- Drain pasta.
- Meanwhile, defrost peas by adding into a bowl of warm water and make sauce by putting all remaining ingredients into a blender.
- Mix until the sauce is creamy. Drain peas.
- Mix the sauce into the pasta. Stir in peas. Sprinkle with Parmesan if using. Enjoy!