I love a creamy, hearty, soup on cold winter nights. They just warm you up don’t they?
I’ve always been a big soup fan and this is one of my all time favorite recipes.
It can be hard to find a good creamy plant based soup that doesn’t call for fake cheeses. This soup is truly plant based, no fake ingredients in here, and will leave you feeling full, warm and satisfied.
This plant based masterpiece works great as a main dish on those cold winter nights.
This is an easy soup to create that is great for any day. It has minimal ingredients, it requires minimal time, and it is packed with savory flavors.
Creamy Potato and Carrot Soup with Quinoa
- 1 Yellow Onion Diced
- 1 Cup Celery Diced
- 1 Cup Carrot Diced
- 4 Cups Potatoes Diced can use Yukon Gold or Russet
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 9 Cups Vegetable Broth (divided)
- 1 Cup Raw Cashews (soaked)
- 1 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tsp Braggs Liquid Aminos (optional)
- 1 Tbsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- 1 Cup Cooked Quinoa (optional)
- Begin by soaking cashews in a bowl of water so cashews are completely submerged.
- In a large Dutch oven or any large pot, saute onion, garlic, carrot, celery and oregano in a few tbsp veggie broth for a couple of minutes or until onions are soft. **If using crushed red pepper, add here**
- Add potatoes to the pot along with 7 ½ cups of veggie broth. Allow to simmer for about 10-15 minutes, until potatoes are tender. **if using quinoa, cook according to instructions on package at this time**
- In a high-speed blender, place 1 ½ cups veggie broth, 1 cup cashews, nutritional yeast, onion powder and Braggs Liquid Aminos if using. Blend on high until the mixture is nice and smooth. Add this blended cashew mix back to pot and stir until everything is mixed together.
- In a high-speed blender, blend 3-4 cups of the soup (anything in the pot gets blended here) and blend until smooth. Pour this mixture back into pot and stir until it’s all mixed together. **If using quinoa, add here**
- Serve soup hot and enjoy!