Creamy Pumpkin Coconut Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
This Pumpkin Quinoa Breakfast Bowl is easy to make on the stove top, crock pot or instant pot. The pumpkin, coconut, quinoa, and maple syrup create a delicious balance of fats and plant based protein.One of the tricks for making this dish so delicious is cooking the quinoa in milk. I like to top mine with walnuts or pecans to add in more texture and a little crunch. This is a great plant based meal prep recipe. Make it in advance and enjoy for days to come.
- 1 cup Water
- 1 1/2 cups Non-Dairy Milk
- 1/12 cups Quinoa soaked or rinsed
- 1 can Pumpkin Puree
- 1/3 cup Canned Coconut Milk Light or Full Fat
- 1/3 cup Shredded Coconut
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Seasoning
- Toppings of choice: Pecans, Walnuts, Coconut flakes
- In a medium pot, bring water and milk to a low boil. Add in the quinoa and stir. Cover the pot and cook on medium low for 8-9 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin puree and cover again. Cook for another 8-10 minutes, until quinoa is cooked and begins to get fluffy.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the coconut milk, maple syrup, spices and shredded coconut.
- Spoon into bowls and top with toppings of choice.