When Zoodles first become the new “in food” to eat, I wasn’t a fan. They didn’t fill me up and in my opinion, they weren’t at all like pasta.
They didn’t taste like pasta and I didn’t feel like I had eaten pasta. I had tried making my favorite marinara sauces and adding that to Zoodles but it just didn’t work.
Needless to say, I didn’t like Zoodles.
Now that I’ve been plant based for a couple of years, and am eating more plant based meals than vegan meals, my taste buds have definitely changed. The foods that I crave have changed. And, I have finally found a way to prepare Zoodles in a way that I love.
This recipe is one that I have been making a couple times a week for the past 2 months.
I just can’t get enough of it and it’s so basic.
The creamy sauce for the Zoodles is a Miso Tahini Sauce. It’s tangy, packed with flavor and is totally satisfying.
This is a fast meal to make and requires minimal ingredients.
You can make it with just the sauce and Zoodles. I like to saute my Zoodles with Asparagus and then add in some cherry tomatoes and cucumbers. This also goes great with a sweet potato on the side to make it a heartier meal.
This recipe is easily one of my new favorites and has been my go-to this summer. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
To Your Health and Happiness,
Creamy Vegan Zoodles with Aspragus
- 2 Medium-Large Zucchini spiralized into zoodles
- 1 Bundle Asparagus Chopped into bite size pieces
Creamy Vegan Zoodle Sauce
- 1/3 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Miso Paste
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Tahini
- 1/4 Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tsp Braggs Liquid Aminos
- 2 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tsp Rosemary
- 1 Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- Cherry Tomoatoes
- Chopped Cucumbers
- Sweet Potato
- Use a spiralizer or a cheese grater to make noodles (zoodles) out of your zucchini. Remove ends from asparagus. Chop asparagus into bite size pieces.
- Put 1/4 cup of water of veggie broth into a large skillet.
- Add zoodles and asparagus and cook until just tender.
- Drain zoodles and asparagus and set aside.
- Prepare the creamy vegan sauce by adding all ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy.
- Toss dressing with zoodles, asparagus and any other veggies you choose to add.
- Serve with a cooked sweet potato if desired.