Lasagna has always been one of my favorite comfort foods but it has never been one of my favorite meals to make. Lasagna has always felt like a labor of love type of meal to me, especially vegan lasagna. Cooking the noodles, making the cheese, making the sauce…it sounds exhausting. If you have ever felt this way about lasagna, you’re in luck. This is hands down the easiest vegan lasagna to make and guess what… It tastes good too!
Easy Plant Based Vegan Lasagna
- Oven Ready Lasagna Noodles look at the ingredients and choose wisely
- 1 Jar Pasta Sauce choose a jar that is low in sodium
- 1 8 oz Package Mushrooms Sliced
- 1 8 oz Frozen Package Spinach thawed. Can use fresh if preferred.
- Tofu Ricotta see recipe below
- 1 Block Extra Firm Tofu drained. You can press if you like but it isn't neccessary
- 1 Tbsp Dried Basil can use fresh but then use 1/2 cup
- 1 Tbsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Juice of 2 Lemons
- 1 Zest of 1 Lemon
- 3 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- Preheat oven to 375 or whatever the temperature is listed on the box of noodles.
- Begin by making tofu ricotta. Add all ricotta ingredients to a high speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth or to the consistency that you like.
- In a casserole dish, add a layer of tomato sauce to the bottom of the pan and spread evenly. Next, add a layer of ready lasagna noodles (you may need to break the noodles to make them fit into the dish). Then, add a layer of tofu ricotta and spread evenly over noodles. Now, add a layer of spinach and mushrooms on top of the ricotta (if there are other vegetables that you want to add here, feel free. Zucchini, black olives, artichokes...) Then, add another layer of tomato sauce, noodles, ricotta, veggies, sauce... I like to have 3 full layers. The final layer should be sauce and then I sprinkle with a vegan Parmesan cheese which is just a combination of cashews, nutritional yeast, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Cover the lasagna with foil and bake according to instructions on the box. I baked mine for 45 minutes covered and then uncovered it and baked for 10 more minutes.
- Let the lasagna rest for about 10 minutes before serving and enjoy! Make sure to take a picture and tag me @asknursekristin on Instagram so I can see your beautiful and healthy vegan lasagna.