Edamame Nourish Bowl
When it comes to plant based nourish bowls, what is your favorite ingredient? What is the one thing that really ties it all together? Is it the toppings with a variety of textures? The sauce? Or, is it having something that is warm in the bowl, to make it feel more savory?This bowl combines all of the above! Toppings with different textures, an amazing sauce and warm ingredients to make it feel more like a meal and not just a salad.This will easily become a go to week night easy plant based meal or meal prep bowl.
- Instant Pot
- 1 cup Brown Rice
- 1 cup Water
- 2 cups Broccoli Florets
- 1 tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Sriracha or other garlic chili sauce
- 1 cup Cooked Brown Rice
- 2 cups Edamame (frozen and thawed)
- 1/2 Cucumber chopped
- 1-2 Carrots shredded or peeled into ribbons
- 2 cups Romaine Lettuce Chopped
Peanut Fire Sauce (this makes 1 cup, you will have leftover sauce)
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 3 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Sriracha or other garlic chili sauce
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 tsp Fresh Ginger minced
- 1/2 cup Water
Instant Pot Brown Rice
- Begin by making the rice. Put rice and 1 cup water in instant pot. Turn the venting knob to the sealed position.
- Pressure cook at High Pressure for 15 minutes. Allow to natural release for 5 minutes and then quick release. Open lid carefully and fluff rice with a fork.
- While rice is cooking, begin making your nourish bowl. Start by placing broccoli florets in a pan with 1/4 cup water and cover the pan to steam your broccoli for 4-5 minutes or until bright green in color. Remove the lid and toss with soy sauce and chili sauce and allow to cook until liquid is gone. Set aside.
- Chop cucumber, shred carrots and chop lettuce. Set aside.
Make Peanut Fire Sauce
- In a small food processor or high-speed blender, combine all ingredients for the peanut fire sauce. Blend until all ingredients are smooth and dressing-like. Add more water as needed for a thinner and smoother texture.
- Add rice and romaine to a bowl, then add your raw veggies. Next, top with cooked broccoli and thawed edamame. Drizzle with sauce over the top. Enjoy!