Instant Pot Make Ahead Coconut Quinoa Bowls
I love being able to throw some ingredients in a pot and then walking away from it while it does all of the work for me.These coconut quinoa bowls are rich and creamy with a touch of cinnamon and maple syrup.Feel free to swap out the coconut milk for another non-dairy milk if you are seeking a lower fat version. This recipe is really an outline and you can add other ingredients that would jazz up this comforting porridge that has a good dose of plant based protein. Once the porridge is done cooking, divide it up into separate containers for a grab and go breakfast option for the week.You can heat it up or eat it cold, either way it's delicious.Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups Quinoa soaked in water for at least 1 hour
- 1 15 oz can Coconut Milk or non-dairy milk of choice
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Fresh fruit
- Frozen berries
- Coconut flakes
- Non-dairy milk
- Drain soaked quinoa in fine mesh strainer with cold water. Put quinoa in the bowl of instant pot along with the coconut milk, water, cinnamon, maple syrup, vanilla and salt. Seal the lid with the vent shut and cook on low pressure for 12 minutes.
- When done cooking, allow the pressure to release naturally. This will take about 10 minutes. Open the vent and remove the lid. Divide the quinoa evenly, into 6 different containers with lids. Each bowl will have roughly 1 cup of porridge. Put containers in fridge until ready to eat.
- When ready to eat, top the porridge with fruit, milk or any toppings of choice.