Instant Pot Plant Based Burrito Bowls
These burrito bowls have so much flavor, they are ultra satisfying and are really easy to make. Use this filling for a burrito bowl or for burritos for a weeknight dinner or your weekend meal prep. Add this filling to a bed of greens and top with other veggies of your choosing or, roll these into burritos and toss in your freezer so you have breakfast burritos for days and weeks to come.Feel free to make a double batch so you have burritos at the ready any time you have a burrito craving.
- Instant Pot
- 1 Red Onion chopped
- 1 Bell Pepper chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 15oz Can Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups Short Grain Brown Rice
- 1 1/2 cups Corn (frozen, fresh or canned)
- 1 cup Chopped Kale
- 1 1/2 cups Salsa
- 2 cups Water
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Salt
Optional Serving Ingredients
- Chopped Lettuce
- Burrito Sized Tortillas
- Avocado chopped
- Cilantro Chopped
- Diced Tomatoes
- Green Onion chopped
- Jalapeno slices
- Press saute function on Instant Pot. Add a few tbsp of water to the pot and allow to warm for a minute. Add onion, red pepper and garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes. Turn off the instant pot. Add a few more tbsp of water and scrape off any stuck pieces of vegetable and to de-glaze the pot.
- Next, add the remaining burrito filling ingredients to the Instant Pot. Stir all ingredients. Put lid on instant pot, turn valve to seal, and set to high pressure for 24 minutes. Allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes. Carefully remove lid from pot and stir.
Assemble Bowls or Burritos
- For Bowls: Fill the bottom of a bowl with chopped greens. Spoon some of the mixture of the burrito filling on top of the greens. Top with other toppings of choice. Enjoy!
- For Burritos: Spoon some of the mixture into the center of a burrito sized tortilla. Add whatever additional toppings you'd like, fold and enjoy!
- Freezer Burritos: Roll the burritos with only the filling and no other additional toppings. Wrap each burrito in foil, place in a large freezer safe bag and put in freezer. When ready to eat, remove burrito from foil, reheat in microwave for 2 minutes. Enjoy!