Plant Based Lasagna Soup
This plant based lasagna soup is addictive, easy, packed with veggies, and deliciously creamy. This is a comforting soup that is perfect for those cold nights. And if you're like me, soup is perfect for any night.This is a one pot meal, with the lasagna noodles cooking right into the soup. The entire soup takes about 20 minutes from start to finish. Fast, simple and delicious. Now quit reading and start cooking!
- 1 cup Raw Cashews soaked if you do not have a high powered blender
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 Yellow Onion chopped
- 5-6 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 small Zucchini chopped
- 1 small Bell Pepper chopped
- 1 medium Carrot chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 6 cups Vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 3 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 tsp Maple Syrup
- 8 sheets Lasagna Noodles
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- If you do not have a high powdered blender, you will need to either soak the cashews overnight, or boil for 15-20 minutes.
- Once you are ready to make the soup, make the cashew cream first. Drain the cashews and add all of the the cashew cream ingredients to a blender. Blend of the ingredients together until the texture is very smooth. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed. This may take a few minutes. Once smooth, set aside.
- In a large pot, add the onion and garlic. Add in a tablespoon or two of water as needed to prevent veggies from sticking to the pot. Saute for 5-10 minutes, until the onions and garlic begin to caramelize.
- Next, add in the lemon juice and scrape off any bits of garlic or onion from the pot.
- Add in the remaining veggies, veggie broth, Italian seasoning, nutritional yeast and maple syrup to the pot.
- Add the cashew cream to the pot. Stir to combine all ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper and bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering, break up the lasagna noodles into 2 inch pieces. Add the noodles to the soup.
- Simmer, stirring frequently, until the noodles are al dente. Check the package for timing instructions.
- Once the noodles are done, adjust seasonings as needed, adding more salt and pepper. Serve immediately. I like to add spinach to my bowl and ladle soup over it. Enjoy!