Plant Based Lemon Orzo with Roasted Veggies
Loaded with roasted veggies, spinach and beans, this Lemon Orzo is easy to pull together and works great for lunch, dinner, potlucks or picnics. Orzo is a great base for this bowl because it soaks up the flavor of the other ingredients. This recipe can be put together quickly and works well for meal prep and week nights.
- 1 lb Roasted Veggies Broccoli, Red Onion, Mushrooms, Zucchini
- 1/2 cup Veggie Broth
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 cup Orzo
- 1 1/2 cup Yellow Bell Pepper diced
- 3 cups Spinach chopped
- 1 can Red Kidney Beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Lemons (juice of 2 lemons)
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 2 tsp Garlic minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Roast Veggies: Pre-heat oven to 400. Chop 1lb veggies of choice. Toss veggies in 1/2 cup veggie broth, oregano, thyme and salt and pepper. Spread evenly on a baking sheet with silicon liner. Roast for 30 minutes. Pull out of oven and allow to cool.
- While veggies are roasting, cook orzo according to instruction on package.
- Chop Spinach and Bell Pepper, set aside
- In a small bowl, stir together ingredients for dressing
- To assemble, combine orzo, bell pepper, spinach, beans and roasted veggies in a bowl. Drizzle with dressing and stir to combine. Serve.
- Store in food storage containers in fridge for up to 5 days.