A Salad a Day. That’s been my jam lately. Eating one big ole’ salad each and every day.
Well, when you eat the same type of dish everyday, you need a little variety right? So, I got to thinking, what is my favorite kind of food to eat…
Answer: Thai Food
What is one of my favorite Thai dishes to eat…
Answer: Almost all of them! LOL!
But for real now, I love Pad Thai. Always have. One thing I don’t particularly like about Pad Thai, is that it’s usually a pretty oily dish at most Thai restaurants. And sometimes, there are very little veggies so it’s not a dish I order often but I just love the flavor.
I mean, come on, who doesn’t love peanut sauce?
So, today, I give you a healthy plant based spin on a traditional Pad Thai recipe. You can eat this as a main course or it would pair great with some soup like Tom Kha (which actually is my favorite Thai dish).
As with most of my recipes, this is a whole food plant based dish, it’s oil free, requires minimal ingredients, takes minimal time, and it’s loaded with goodness.
Plant Based Pad Thai
- 2 Large Carrots julienned or spiralized
- 1 Red Bell Pepper thinly sliced
- 1 Medium Zucchini julienned or spiralized
- 1 Cup Red Cabbage thinly sliced
- 2-3 Green Onion thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp Hemp Seeds
- 1 Small Cucumber thinly sliced
- 1/4 Cup Peanut or Almond Butter
- 1 Clove Garlic Minced
- 1 Juice of 1 Lime
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Aminos or Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 2 Tsp Maple Syrup
- Chop and slice veggies for salad. Add them all to a large bowl and mix together.
- Next, make your dressing. Mince garlic and add all the rest of the dressing ingredients to a dish and mix until smooth. You can use a mini food processor or blender as well.
- Once dressing is smooth and creamy add to salad, saving some for later use. Enjoy!