This is an easy, healthy and really tasty plant based vegan pizza. What I love about this pizza is that it doesn’t take a lot of time, it truly is a healthy pizza, you’ll never miss the cheese, and it’s a crowd pleaser.
Plant-Based Vegan Veggie Pizza
- 1 Whole Wheat Lavash Could substitute with any thin wrap, pizza crust or homemade crust of your choosing.
- 3-4 Tbsp Homemade Pizza Sauce Could substitute with store bought but try to find the lowest sodium option
- Red Onion
- Red Bell Pepper
- Black Olives
- Jalapenos fresh or canned
- Nutritional Yeast
Homemade Pizza Sauce
- 1 8oz Can Tomato Sauce no salt added
- 1/2 Tsp Crushed Red Pepper Optional
- 1/2 Tsp Oregano Optional
- 1/2 Tsp Basil Optional
- 1/2 Tsp Rosemary Optional
- 1/4 Tsp Onion Powder Optional
- 1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder Optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Next, start making your sauce in a small saucepan on the stove on medium low heat. Empty tomato sauce into sauce pan and then add whichever herbs you like most. If you have an Italian Seasoning Mix that you really like, add 2 teaspoons of that to the sauce, stir, and let simmer while you are chopping the ingredients for your pizza.
- Start chopping your veggies for your pizza. The amount of veggies you need will depend on how big your crust is. Start small and add more if needed. Choose ingredients that you like and that your family likes. Chop them up small so each piece of your pizza has a little of each topping that you choose.
- Put your pizza crust on an oven safe pan that you will be baking the pizza on before you begin to assemble
- Spread the pizza sauce evenly over pizza crust. You'll need about 4 tbsp for the crust. Don't put too much on or your crust will be soggy but make sure you are able to spread the sauce evenly over the entire crust.
- Next, sprinkle your toppings evenly over your pizza. I like a lot of veggies on my pizza so I cover the crust with the toppings.
- Sprinkle Nutritional Yeast over your pizza. This will give your pizza a "cheesy" flavor. If you don't have nutritional yeast or want to omit it, that is just fine. The pizza will still be amazing without it.
- Put pizza into preheated over, bake for 12 minutes, and enjoy!