If you are looking for a pasta dish that is plant based, oil free, requires minimal ingredients and minimal time, the you have come to the right place!
This Santa Fe Penne Pasta was once of my favorite go-to recipes when I first went vegan. These are ingredients that I was already familiar with and the prep was fast and easy. My kind of meal!
This works great as an entree, a side dish, and can easily be taken with you when you are on the go.
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do. Enjoy!
Santa Fe Penne Pasta
- 1 lb Whole Wheat Pasta
- 1 Medium-Large Zuchhini chopped
- 2 cups Frozen Corn
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 Tsp Oregano
- 2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 15 oz Can Black Beans
- 1 15 oz Can Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 10 oz Bag of Baby Spinach
- Cook pasta according to instructions on package
- Add zucchini and corn to large skillet with garlic, oregano and black pepper. Sautee for 5 minutes. Add black beans and tomatoes and cook until pasta has finished cooking.
- Drain pasta and put pasta back in pot. Add half the bag of spinach and top with a cup of the vegetable and bean mixture. Stir until spinach has wilted. Add remaining spinach and vegetable and bean mixture and stir until spinach has wilted.
- Pasta is now ready to serve.