Smokey Cheese Sauce (Vegan, Dairy Free, Nut Free)
This is a dairy free and nut free vegan cheese sauce. This sauce is great for the following:- Vegan Mac and Cheese- Roasted Veggies with Cheese Sauce- Cheesy Rice with Veggies- Vegan Cheese DipThis is a versatile vegan cheese sauce with a smokey flavor. If you don't want it to be smokey, simply omit the liquid smoke. This sauce is a plant based, it's packed with flavor and low calorie. This recipe makes about 3 cups of sauce. The sauce can be stored in an air tight container in your refrigerator for up to a week. This sauce should yield enough that you can use it for a couple different meals. Enjoy!
- 1 cup Regular Rolled Oats
- 1/3 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch can sub with Arrowroot Starch
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 7 oz jar Roasted Red Peppers with water, undrained
- 2 tbsp Chopped Onion can sub with 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar can sub with 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Hot Sauce
- 1/8 tsp Liquid Smoke optional
- 2 cups Boiling Water
- Add the first 4 ingredients to a blender and pulse until well combined. Next, add the remaining ingredients and blend until well combined and you have reached desired consistency. Sauce with thicken as it blends. Serve immediately. Enjoy!