I love this salad dressing for a few reasons.
First, I’m not gonna lie, it’s freaking delicious! It goes great on any salad that would pair well with a savory dressing. It’s creamy, it’s tangy and it has become my new favorite dressing.
The second reason I love this vegan salad dressing that it works great as a dip too. You can use it for raw veggies or even as a spread for crackers.
It’s very versatile and that’s a win in my book.
The final reason that I love this dressing is that it’s super easy to make and it doesn’t call for any crazy ingredients. These are all ingredients that you most likely already have on hand in your fridge and cupboards.
This dressing is vegan, plant based, it’s delicious, creamy, tangy, it’s oil free, and will quickly become your new favorite whole food plant based salad dressing recipe.
Sweet Onion Salad Dressing
- 1/2 Cup Raw Cashews soaked for 10 minutes
- 1/4 Cup Water or more if needed
- 1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Small Sweet Onion Chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1-2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Pinch Black Pepper
- Soak cashews in a dish of water.
- Chop onion and garlic and add to blender. Add the rest of the ingredients to blender. Be sure to drain the water from the cashews before adding them to blender.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth and you have reached your desired consistency. Add more water if needed if you'd like a thinner dressing.
- This recipe was inspired from Clean Food Dirty Girl