Chickpea salad, tuno salad, tu-no salad…
Whatever you want to call it, it’s delicious. This tu-no salad is egg free, oil free, salt free, and flavorful. You can serve this on a bed of greens, with crackers, in a wrap, mixed with quinoa or on a piece of toast.
Whichever way you decide to eat this salad, be prepared to have this become a staple go to meal in your house.
Tu-No Salad Sandwich
- 1 Can Garbanzo Beans Rinsed
- 2 Stalks Celery Diced
- 1/4 Red Onion Diced
- 2 Tbsp Parsley Chopped
- 1/2 Avocado Chopped (optional)
- 1/2 Cup Pickles Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Raw Cashews boil cashews for 15 minutes if you don't have a high powered blender
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tsp Mustard
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- Drain and rinse garbanzo beans. Place beans in medium sized bowl and mash with potato masher. Add onion, celery, parsley, and stir. If using avocado, add that now and stir in with other veggies.
- Blend together sauce ingredients.
- Add sauce to the beans and veggies and mix together. Serve on a bed of greens, in tortilla wraps, on a slice of toasted Ezekiel Bread, or mix it with quinoa.