This is my go to vegan plant based Mac and Cheese Sauce. I often use the leftovers as a Nacho Cheese Dip. I love this recipe because it is easy, requires minimal ingredients and minimal time. Another win win in my book. Enjoy!
Vegan Mac and Cheese Sauce
- 2 Cups Russet Potatoes peeled
- 1 Cup Carrots
- 1/4 Red Onion
- 2 Cups Water
- 1/2 Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper Optional
- 1/4 Cup Raw Cashews Soaked Optional
- 1 Tsp Braggs Liquid Aminos Optional
- If using cashews, chop them up finely and soak them right away.
- Peel potatoes. Dice potatoes, carrots and onion. Boil them in the 2 cups of water until soft.
- Once potatoes and carrots are soft, add the mixture to a blender and allow to cool.
- Add all the remaining ingredients into blender. If using cashews, drain those and add to blender at this time. Blend until cheese is extremely smooth. This cheese can be stored in a refrigerator for up to a week.
Watch the instruction video for this Potato Carrot Mac and Cheese Sauce here: https://youtu.be/5U-bX2qszfY