Soups are one of my favorite meals to make. I love that you can add in so many different vegetables, beans, and play around to develop different flavors.
And this Vegan Instant Pot White Bean and Kale soup allows that. You can add in other vegetables or herbs to create a flavor that you love. However, the flavor in this soup is spot on so, I’d encourage you to give this recipe a try, as is, before jazzing it up.
I think my love for soup really stems back to Christmas. Every year on Christmas Eve, my family makes a wild rice soup. This was the only day of the year that we would get that soup and it made it so special.
Only being able to have it on Christmas Eve, and the following day if you were lucky enough to get some leftovers, really built my love for soup.
And now that I think about it, I’ll have to get that wild rice soup recipe up on this blog before Christmas.
With cooler temps upon us, it is now the perfect season for soups.
I’ve learned that one reason people often avoid making soups, is time. They can take too much time with some soups requiring hours on the stove or in a crock pot.
And this is one of the many reasons to have a Instant Pot.
To make this Instant Pot White Bean and Kale Soup, the cook time is only 18 minutes. And that is with dry beans!!
No more boiling and simmering, you can skip those steps completely with the instant pot. So, if time is something that has hindered you from making soups, don’t worry, this soup requires minimal time and minimal effort.
You will still need to soak the beans so I recommend soaking them before you go to bed or when you get up in the morning. And that’s it! This vegan instant pot white bean and kale soup requires minimal time, minimal effort and minimal ingredients. It’s a winner for sure!
To Your Health and Happiness,
Vegan Instant Pot White Bean and Kale Soup
- 1 Yellow Onion Chopped
- 2 Carrots Chopped
- 2 Sticks Celery Chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic Chopped
- 1 Tsp Rosemary
- 1 Tsp Thyme
- 1 Tsp Poultry Seasoning
- 1 Tsp Crushed Red Pepper Optional
- 2 Tbsp White Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Miso Paste
- 6 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 lb Dry White Beans Soaked for at least 4 hours
- 2 Large Tomatoes Chopped
- 3 Cups Kale Chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Soak beans in water. Soak for at least 4 hours. Can soak overnight.
- Chop onion, carrot, celery and garlic. Turn Instant Pot to Saute. Saute for 3 minutes in a couple tablespoons of water.
- Add rosemary, thyme, poultry seasoning, crushed red pepper and vinegar and saute for 3 more minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients to instant pot. Turn off saute and turn on pressure cook for 18 minutes. Pressure seal instant pot.
- Once done, do a quick release. Give soup a good stir and it is ready to serve.