There are hundreds of vegan chili recipes on the internet. The reason I prefer this recipe is that it is a classic chili recipe.
The ingredients are basic, this doesn’t require a lot of prep, and you don’t have to wait hours to eat this chili.
It’s fast and easy while remaining healthy and delicious.
If you’ve just spent that last 30 minutes searching the internet for the best vegan chili recipe, stop now and make this. You won’t regret it.
Vegetable and Bean Chili
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion Chopped
- 2 Medium Carrots Chopped
- 2 Stalks Celery Chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Jalapeno Seeded and Chopped (Optional)
- 2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 2 Tsp Paprika
- 2 Tsp Oregano
- 1-2 Tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 28 oz. Can Crushed or Diced Tomatoes with their juice
- 3 Cans Drained Beans black, pinto, kidney, or garbanzo
- 2 Cups Veggie Broth or Water
- 1 Cup Frozen Corn
- Juice of one Lime
- 1 Tbsp Hot Sauce Optional
- Cilantro Optional
- Add onion, carrots, celery, bell pepper and jalapeno to large pot and cook for 7-10 minutes. If veggies stick to pot, add a 1-2 tbsp of water or veggie broth.
- Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, and crushed red pepper flakes. Stir constantly and cook till fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add can of tomatoes with their juices, cans of beans, frozen corn, veggie broth, lime juice and hot sauce if using. Mix all ingredients together and simmer for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes you can serve the chili or continue to cook till ready. Optional, blend 1 ½ cups of chili to make thicker.