Eat the rainbow. This has been something that I’ve been working on lately. Eating foods that have a variety of colors and a variety of nutritional benefits.
And this salad is just that. It is created with a rainbow of colors and delicious ingredients that you can feel great about and enjoy eating.
I’m still on this kick where I am working on eating one really big salad every day. A salad a day, that’s what I call it. I generally like to have the salad for lunch and then have a little more of a savory meal for dinner.
One thing that I love about this hearty detox salad, is that you can make a big batch of it and eat it throughout the week.
You can really use a wider variety of ingredients for this salad if you’d like, but try to make sure that you include the red cabbage for some crunch and the parsley to get in some fresh herbs. They also happen to be good detoxifying foods and this is a detox salad.
For this salad, you can either chop everything up by hand or use a food processor to do the work. It’s up to you.
I like to drizzle some lemony tahini dressing on this salad at the end.
This salad is fresh, it’s filling, it’s simple, it’s plant based, it’s oil free, and it’s full of flavor. Enjoy.
Hearty Detox Salad
- 2 Cups Chopped Red Cabbage
- 3 Cups Chopped Kale
- 6-8 Large Chopped Brussel Sprouts
- 1 Cup Shredded Carrots
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Parsley
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Green Onions
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Almonds
- 1 Chopped Avocado optional
- 1 Cup Chopped Cherry Tomatoes optional
- Tahini Dressing
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and stir to combine. Serve immediately. If this won't be eaten immediately, add avocado and tomatoes right before serving (if using) along with dressing. This salad can be stored in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to 2 days with the dressing and up to 3 days without.