Plant Based Mediterranean Meal Prep Bowl
This plant based Mediterranean meal prep bowl with my simple tahini sauce is packed with bright colors and flavors. It is a hearty and satisfying bowl that is healthy, plant based and guilt free.If you are looking for vegan and plant based meal prep ideas, this salad works great! Roast the veggies, assemble, and you have a grab and go lunch for the week. You can easily swap out the roasted veggies for whatever veggies you have on hand. Brussel sprouts, broccoli, mushrooms, zucchini... Whatever you have will work with this bowl. Enjoy!
- 2 large Sweet Potatoes diced
- 16 oz Fresh or Frozen Green Beans with ends trimmed
- 1 tsp Salt
Simple Tahini Sauce for Everything
- 1/2 cup Tahini
- 1/2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Warm Water more if needed
- 1/2 Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 14 oz can Artichoke Hearts
- 1 15 oz can Garbanzo Beans
- 3 cups Romaine Lettuce or Arugula
- 1 Avocado diced optional
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with silicon lining or parchment paper. Toss potatoes with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tbsp of olive oil (optional). Spread potatoes on to a baking sheet. In the same bowl, toss the green beans with the other 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/2 tbsp of olive oil (optional). Spread green beans on to the other baking sheet. Roast both trays of veggies for 35-40 minutes, tossing veggies halfway through.
- While veggies are roasting, make you tahini sauce. Add all ingredients to a bowl, except for water, and mix to combine. Add water, a little bit at a time, until you get a smooth and creamy consistency. Adjust flavors as needed.
- If using this salad for meal prep, in 4 separate 3 cup glass food storage containers, evenly distribute the artichokes, garbanzo beans, lettuce or arugula, sweet potatoes and green beans. Drizzle with simple tahini sauce. Add avocado right before serving and drizzle with lemon juice.