Are you ready for the best Vegan Caesar salad you’ve ever had?
Before I went vegan and before I ventured on to following a plant-based lifestyle, I used to LOVE a good Caesar Salad.
I loved the flavor of the dressing and loved that it was a greens forward salad. There are so many salads now that have so much added stuff in them that it’s hard to justify it even being a healthy or nutritious option.
This Caesar salad can be made with either Kale or Romaine Lettuce.
The secret to making this a great Caesar Kale Salad is chopping up the kale into small bite size pieces, massaging the kale with the dressing, and letting that sit for a couple of minutes before serving. Massing the kale and letting it sit allows the dressing to soak into the kale and making it softer to eat.
The recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegan, plant-based, simple to make, and delicious.
I eat this as a side dish or as a main dish if I just want a salad for lunch or dinner. Which ever way you choose to eat this plant based Caesar Salad, you can’t go wrong.
- 3-4 tbsp Vegan Caesar Salad Dressing
- 1 Full Bundle Kale Chopped into small bite size pieces
- 1/2-1 Full Cup Peas
- 1 Handful Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Chopped Cucumbers
- 1/2 Yellow Bell Pepper Chopped
- Begin by making your Vegan Caesar Salad Dressing.
- Next, chop up your kale into small bite size pieces.
- Once the kale is chopped add 3-4 tbsp of the Vegan Caesar Salad Dressing. Using clean and washed hands, massage the dressing into the kale for about 3-4 minutes and until all the kale is covered. If you feel like it needs more dressing at this point, feel free to add more.
- Next, start chopping your cucumber and bell pepper.
- Add the peas, tomatoes, bell pepper and cucumbers to the salad. If there are any other ingredients you'd like to add, feel free to do so.
- Try to allow the dressing to sit on the kale for 10-15 minutes before serving. The longer the dressing soaks into the kale, the softer the kale will get.