This creamy mushroom gravy goes great with mashed potatoes or my famous vegan meatless loaf. This is a rich and flavorful gravy that does not contain any oil or vegan butter. Enjoy!
Creamy Vegan Mushroom Gravy
- 2-3 Cups Water
- 1/2 Cup Raw Cashews
- 8 oz White or Brown Mushrooms
- 1/2 Large Yellow Onion Chopped
- 1 Small Carrot Sliced
- 1 Small Celery Rib Sliced
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 2 Tsp Poultry Seasoning
- 2 Tsp Soy Sauce or Braggs Liquid Aminos
- Place 2 cups of water and cashews in a high powered blender and set aside.
- In a saucepan, add 1 tbsp water and heat until it begins to sputter. Once it sputters, add mushrooms, onion, carrot, and celery and saute for about 3 minutes, until vegetables get a little soft. As a little water as needed to keep veggies from sticking to the pan.
- Next, add the garlic and poultry seasoning and stir for 2 minutes. Add water as needed to prevent vegetables from sticking.
- Add the cooked vegetables to the blender with water and cashews. Add the soy sauce or Braggs Liquid Aminos. Blend until smooth, adding more water as needed to reach desired consistency.
- Return gravy to saucepan to heat. Add a pinch of pepper to taste. Serve warm.