This plant based vegan nacho cheese recipe only takes minutes to make, it’s really tasty and it only requires ingredients that most likely already have on hand.
You can make this as spicy or mild as you like depending on the type of salsa you use. A mild salsa will make a mild nacho cheese sauce and a hot salsa will make it hotter.
I use this as a dip, drizzle it on steamed or roasted veggies and I even use it as a spread. The possibilities are endless here. Enjoy!
Easy Vegan Nacho Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Cashews or Cashew Pieces soak for at least 30 minutes if not using a high powered blender
- 1 Cup Salsa
- 3 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Optional, adds color
- 1/2 Tsp Braggs Liquid Aminos or Salt Optional
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.