Click the play button below to listen to Nurse Kristin’s interview with Adam: Growing up Adam always had an unhealthy relationship with food and a poor self image. By the age of 30, he was a drug addict, suffered from severe depression, and weighed over …
Month: May 2017
There are hundreds of vegan chili recipes on the internet. The reason I prefer this recipe is that it is a classic chili recipe.
The ingredients are basic, this doesn’t require a lot of prep, and you don’t have to wait hours to eat this chili.
It’s fast and easy while remaining healthy and delicious.
If you’ve just spent that last 30 minutes searching the internet for the best vegan chili recipe, stop now and make this. You won’t regret it.
Vegetable and Bean Chili
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion Chopped
- 2 Medium Carrots Chopped
- 2 Stalks Celery Chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Jalapeno Seeded and Chopped (Optional)
- 2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 2 Tsp Paprika
- 2 Tsp Oregano
- 1-2 Tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 28 oz. Can Crushed or Diced Tomatoes with their juice
- 3 Cans Drained Beans black, pinto, kidney, or garbanzo
- 2 Cups Veggie Broth or Water
- 1 Cup Frozen Corn
- Juice of one Lime
- 1 Tbsp Hot Sauce Optional
- Cilantro Optional
- Add onion, carrots, celery, bell pepper and jalapeno to large pot and cook for 7-10 minutes. If veggies stick to pot, add a 1-2 tbsp of water or veggie broth.
- Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, and crushed red pepper flakes. Stir constantly and cook till fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add can of tomatoes with their juices, cans of beans, frozen corn, veggie broth, lime juice and hot sauce if using. Mix all ingredients together and simmer for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes you can serve the chili or continue to cook till ready. Optional, blend 1 ½ cups of chili to make thicker.
Click the play button below to listen to Nurse Kristin’s interview with Melissa:
In 2010, Melissa had a number of health problems she was dealing with. She was taking 5 different medications for acid reflux, allergies, depression, her thyroid, and an estrogen pill. She was prediabetic, had hypertension, high cholesterol, was diagnosed with fatty liver disease and weighed in at over 300 pounds and had failed lap-band surgery.
Today, Melissa is off all of her medications, she has lost over 80 pounds, grows her own greens, and is enjoying living an active lifestyle.
To begin your own health transformation with a 14 Day Plant Based Meal Plan, go here: www.nursekapproves.com/leanandclean
And use this coupon code to get a discount. Coupon Code: nursek
Connect with Melissa Here: www.facebook.com/melissa.doddruesing
Subscribe to Stories of Self-Healing!
Click here to subscribe on iTunes: http://nursekristin.org/itunes
Click here to subscribe on Stitcher: http://nursekristin.org/stitcher
Not only is this vegan paleo recipe hearty and satisfying, but it is also detoxifying. Here is how these ingredients help to detoxify your body: Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable that naturally boosts your livers detoxifying enzymes Parsley has a natural diuretic effect that helps …