Click the play button below to listen to Nurse Kristin’s interview with Paul: “My Cardiologist gave me two options, bypass surgery or try “Plant Based Nutrition.” – Paul Chatlin. Paul has a story of chronic debilitating chest pain, and a diagnosis of coronary artery disease …
Month: October 2017
Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
- 1 Large Head Cauliflower Cut into Florets
- 1/4-1/2 Cup Unsweetened Almond or Soy Milk
- 1 Yellow Onion Diced
- 3-4 Cloved Garlic Minced
- 1 Tsp Thyme
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Basil Chopped
- 3/4 Cup Nutritional Yeast Divided
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Tsp Braggs Liquid Aminos
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Juice of Half a Lemon
- Add cauliflower to a large pot and add water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook until the cauliflower tender, about 10 minutes.
- Once tender, drain water and puree the cauliflower with an immersion blender until smooth. Add non-dairy milk if needed to achieve desired consistency. Set puree aside while prepping the rest of the sauce.
- Put onion in a large saucepan and saute over medium heat until translucent. Add 1-2 tablespoons of water as needed to keep onions from sticking to the pan.
- Add garlic, thyme and basil and cook for another minute or two.
- Add 1/4 cup nutritional yeast, nutmeg, salt and pepper to the onions and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic mixture to the cauliflower puree along with Braggs Liquid Aminos and lemon juice and blend until smooth. Add the remaining nutritional yeast, adding 1/4 cup at a time until desired taste and consistency is reached. Add more non-dairy milk or water if needed to achieve desired consistency.
I have always been a caesar salad lover. So, when I went vegan, one of the first things I had to figure out how to make was a vegan caesar salad dressing.
This is hands down my favorite version of a plant-based vegan salad dressing. I love that this recipe doesn’t require you to soak nuts ahead of time. It’s super easy and crazy delicious. Don’t be surprised if you are tempted to eat it by the spoon full.
As with most of my recipes, this is oil free, requires minimal ingredients, takes minimal time and it’s delicious.
Vegan Caesar Salad Dressing
- 1/2 Cup Pine Nuts Can Substitute with Cashews but Pine Nuts are best
- 1/4 Cup and 3 Tbsp Water
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Tsp Maple Syrup
- 3 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1/2 Tsp Dried Parsley
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Capers Optional but recommended
- Blend all ingredients in high powered blender until smooth. Can be stored in refrigerator in airtight container for up to a week.
Click the play button below to listen to Nurse Kristin’s interview with Tim: In this episode, Nurse Kristin interviews Tim Kaufman. Tim is such a great example of what happens when we stop making excuses and start accepting challenges. In his late 30’s, Tim weighed …